Mass Scorecard debate video
In May, 2004, two representatives of the Mass Scorecard debated two representatives of the party leadership. The party leaders were charged with implementing the Mass Scorecard and our representatives claimed they had no intent to implement it. We were seeking to publicize and gain support for the Scorecard at Democratic committee meetings, in this case the Newton Ward 5 Democratic Committee.
The video is in Flash format in 11 segments totalling a little over an hour.
Please be patient with our downloads -- we don't have streaming video. Just click on one of the links then wait a few minutes and it will play.
- “Newton Cable TV introduction”
- “Mass Scorecard introduction” -- Rebekah Gewirtz, chair of the Progressive Democrats of Cambridge, and Jesse Gordon, Mass Scorecard
- “Even Democrats don’t know our own platform.” -- Martina Jackson, chair of the Mass Dems Public Policy Committee
- “I admire the work the progressive group has done but....” -- Martina Jackson, chair of the Mass Dems Public Policy Committee
- “How do you decide on votes?” -- Newton Democratic City Committee member
- “We worked on the platform, the Party said it was wonderful but not a single thing emerged. Are they just to be dismissed again?” -- Liz Cody, chair of the Newton Ward 5 Democratic Committee
- “You have energized a lot of young people but....” -- Trellis Stepter, chair of the Mass Dems Platform Support Card Subcommittee
- “There’s no way to find out your rep’s vote.” -- Newton Democratic City Committee member
- “It would be useful to have [voting records] before a primary.” -- Newton Ward 5 Democratic Committee member.
- “We want Democrats to say ‘We stand for something’.” -- Rebekah Gewirtz, chair of the Progressive Democrats of Cambridge
- “I do hope we move forward and get it going.” -- Newton Democratic City Committee member
“We’re not abandoning this project, we’re doing it.” -- Martina Jackson, chair of the Mass Dems Public Policy Committee. She says this in the intro segment, and three months later abandoned this project.
If you need to download the latest Flash player for the above videos,
download from Shockwave.
Thanks to NewTV, the Newton cable station, for providing this video. And thanks to Yellow Kitchen Productions for the conversion to web format.